Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target Reviews



Cardigan in Dresden Blue/Coral  **** and Meet the Parents *****: The quality of this cardigan is good, an appropriate quality for the price. It is nice and soft, with a good stretch to it, is lightweight and the seams are well constructed. The coral portion of the sweater is thicker than the blue part. The buttons are leathery and they seem to be attached reasonably well. I am almost 5'8", rather slender, and the extra small was the correct size for me, so whatever size you you usually are, size down! It is long in both the torso and the arms, so I would not recommend this for a petite. Now for the style. For the Blue/Coral, I knew when I bought it that the colors were contrasting and would make a statement, but it was just not the right statement for me. It looked almost comically preppy in real life. The contrast was just too cartoony for my taste, and I will be returning this color. If the contrast suits your style, go for it, as it is well made and comfortable. I will definitely be keeping the Meet the Parents patterned cardigan though when it arrives in the mail. 




Tank top in Coral *** : Let me start by saying that I love the color, fabric, and overall style of this tank. The coral is beautiful, flattering even on my super pale skin, the pebbled chiffon of the tank looks far more luxurious than the price tag would make you think, and the scoop neck with the little pocket detail are lovely. Now for the cut of the top. I'm not exactly sure what body type this was designed for, but it is certainly not me. I'm 5'8", and very slim, and I purchased the XS. The cutouts under the arms are WAY too low, like something you would wear to work out, and it would be impossible to wear a bra with this. Across the chest, it is not nearly wide enough, if I move my torso too quickly, part of my chest would pop out. It is so long that even at my height, I could wear it with leggings as a tunic. Very oddly proportioned indeed.






Shirts with Sheer Shoulders in First Date Print ** and White *: I LOVE the concept of these tops. A very chic take on a classic shirt. The First Date print is so cute and very unique. The fabric of that part of the top is nice and pretty soft. The fabric on the white shirt is soft, but even the not sheer part is kind of sheer. Unfortunately, the sheer shoulder part of this shirt is TERRIBLY uncomfortable. It is itchy, particularly under the arms, and stiff. The button closure is almost impossible to use. The cut of the shirt is boxy and unflattering and makes me look as though I have massive shoulders. It's a shame, because the concept was good, but I definitely am not willing to sacrifice that much of my comfort for an unflattering fashion.

Sleeveless Blouse in First Date Print *****: This shirt was not available in my size XS, so I bought it in a Medium. I love it so much that I might keep it in spite of how big it is on me. It is such an adorable shirt. The pattern is crazy and unique, but still somehow wearable when paired with the plain black of the button strip and collar. The sheer paneling of this shirt ends before it could become itchy, unlike other shirts in the collection. The fabric is a decent quality for the price, reasonably silky and it falls nicely. It is longer than I would like, but I might be willing to deal with that! If you can get your hands on this shirt in your size, I'd definitely recommend it.


1 comment:

  1. great review!
    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete